Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Wow, it's here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_JLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2004
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wow, it's here

    Graduation, I never thought I'd actually get to the point where I can say im through with school. I always knew it was coming, but now it's staring me in the face along with all classes of seniors. it's crazy that now it's my turn. You get so used to wtaching others, you just can't believe it's your time. It's exciting, but depressing at the same time. I mean after Football and Wrestling concluded, its a feeling of emptiness and it's what next. You're so used to putting your life into these things and now it's gone and there's no going back. Some of us may never see each other again, it all ends up being scary really. Exciting sure, but I really just don't want to say goodbye. To the hard practices, and the friends, it's difficult.

    But, whats really depressing is the fact it's time to face the real world. College, Work, it seems like there is no more room for yourself. It's just so hard to make it these days, so many oppurtunites, but it's so hard to get them. I'm glad I finally made it, and good luck to the rest of the classes graduating. been one hell of a ride.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    You priorties in life change a lot, that is the biggest difference in my opinion. If you go to College have fun, get involved in the school. It's to a degree like the first day of school all over again, you meet a lot of new people from all over the country.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    High School was great, College was great, being done with all of it is better.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wow, it's here

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">High School was great, College was great, being done with all of it is better. </div></div>

    Very well said.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    You've always had a perspective on things that was wise beyond your years. And in this post also, you show your solid grasp on events and life to come. You'll do well for yourself, I have no doubt.

    I congratulate you on your accomplishments, both athletic and academic.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    Wonderful post!! I am preparing for my 20-year high school reunion and I still catch myself yearning for the days when things were so simple and clear cut. Life is what you make of it. We have all fallen on our collective asses, but the true measure of success is what you learn from those experiences and how you carry on with the rest of your life. Hold your high school experiences close to your heart, because they helped shape who you are. But, don't dwell on them. There are bigger and better things out there. When I come home, I want to talk about my family, my work with Special Olympics, etc. I don't want everybody to see the same person I was in 1987. Congratulations and good luck. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member BALLCOACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    Good luck and congrats JLR! I have no doubt you'll do good for yourself.
    Hail to the Redskins

  8. #8
    Inactive Member hutchinson24293's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2007
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    ROZO.

    Yeah, you know who this is, and we've had this talk before on the way to watch Star Wars III with Matt and Zac in Abington. Although I've not graduated yet, it'll be only the first big step in my life to move onto something better. Life isn't hard, it's only as hard as you make it out to be. I mean yeah, work and bills may be rough, but as long as you don't go all out and get crap that you don't need, life will be well. I've had ajob for a long time and I've not saved up like I should have...and I'm not exactly ready to go, either. But Josh, you've been a leader to a lot of people, I don't think you'll have problems making life as successful as you have your highschool career. Just grit your teeth and take the roll, man, I think you're going to do fine. You'll always have a shoulder to lean on when you need it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    I'm about to graduate.. It's hard to be pumped at all when I still don't have a driver's license and have so many priorities to take care of. Also, as someone relatively new to Coeburn (only been going to school here for about 2-3 years), I've still not really "connected" to many people in my senior class and though I've met some really good people, the "outcast" feeling is definitely still there. When I come to the football field Saturday to graduate, I won't be there to share sympathies with anyone else or feel sad that I'm leaving my "friends" behind, because technically I won't be - I'm just coming for my diploma, and when I leave I'll have Mr. Real World staring me down for quite a while afterwards.

    School was never anything for me besides an environment to work in. I never made many friends and never had (and still don't have) much fun in it, and of course I never played any sports either so I guess that certainly doesn't help with things. High school, for me, has mostly been an ever-changing environment that I've never been able to adjust to. Whether it be my switching of schools a few years ago or even my reclusive personality, it has been a pretty hard last few years. I would rather be thrown off a balcony than hear myself say, "High School has been fun."

    The only good thing about "high school" has been the football games. But to me, those don't have anything to do with school - I'm just watching local teams and athletes clash and enjoying it while it lasts. To me, it's a sport, but not a 100% school related activity. Yes, I understand that it plays a large role in high schools, but I don't know that I've ever been school-spirited enough to be able to truly link it all the way to the school. If this sounds confusing and your head is still spinning from reading this, I don't blame you - it's a very complex thing for me to try and describe.

    I don't look forward to college being any different. Some people will tell you it's better, but I find it hard to believe that people suddenly change from one place to the next. In fact, I'll go ahead and call B.S. on that claim because I can tell you right now it's going to be work, work, work, just with more freedom.

    But I think that's also a downfall of mine: Freedom. Even when I have freedom, I never take advantage of it. I have the freedom to drive right now, but I haven't taken advantage of it (because me = wimp.) I also had the freedom to play the sport(s) that I loved, but I never took advantage of that either. I have a great GPA, but I never took advantage of the opportunities offered to me and I still haven't taken the SAT (taking it June 2nd) and I don't have many scholarships - if any - coming my way.

    I'm sorry for the negative post here. I'm not trying to put myself down, I'm just telling the truth, and let this serve as a warning for those of you out there who will be returning to high school next year: Don't let these things pass you by. Get out there and apply yourself to these things like everyone else, because believe me when I say that it makes things a living nightmare if you aren't on the ball 24/7.
    Officially retired

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wow, it's here

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't look forward to college being any different</div></div>
    Trust us on this one - high school and college are night and day!

    Take advantage of that fresh environment. You can be your own person in college.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •